BOARD OF TRUSTEES
USC Board President
USC Board Vice President
USC Board Secretary
USC Board Treasurer
People often refer to Unity Spiritual Center in San Francisco as the sweet, little yellow church on the corner. It is a sweet church. Size-wise we are smaller than some — our beautiful Sanctuary seats approximately 150 people. But our Spirit is enormous. We know we are an integral part of the Allness God Is, and individually and collectively we seek to let our light shine brightly and to be a blessing to all who enter our doors.
We are truly a wondrous and diverse community of spiritual seekers. Unity has always been an inclusive spiritual movement. We teach a positive, practical approach to the teachings of Jesus and view him as a Master Teacher and Wayshower.
We welcome all people no matter where they are on their individual path of faith. We honor and rejoice in all races, nationalities, socio-economic levels and lifestyles. We teach and seek to live Jesus’ teachings of loving God with all our hearts, souls and minds and loving our neighbors as ourselves.
We have no set creed in Unity, but we do have five foundation statements that express the essence of who we are. If you’re comfortable with these ideas, then we feel you’d probably be comfortable at Unity Spiritual Center.
- God is Absolute Good, everywhere equally present.
- Human beings have a spark of Divine Spirit within them, the Christ Consciousness. Therefore, they are inherently good.
- Human beings create their experiences by the activity of their thinking. “Thought held in mind produce after their kind.”
- Prayer is the process that affirms our connection with the Mind of God and brings forth wisdom, healing and everything good.
- Knowing and understanding Universal Laws, also called Truth, is not enough. Each person must also live the Truth that he or she knows.
Our commitment as a congregation is to be a support system for each other as we seek individually and collectively to live in alignment with God, the Spirit of Infinite Goodness. If you’re already attending Unity Spiritual Center, thank you for your commitment to our ministry.
If you’re looking for a spiritual home and checking out our website, we invite you to attend one of our Sunday services and just see how it feels to you. No pressure is ever placed on anyone to attend or to join our church. We honor each person’s path and truly wish the highest and best for everyone.
May you be blessed with all good things.